This settlement is located between the terrace of the Shirasuna River and the mountains. Sericulture farm houses stand along the settlement’s main road, which are surrounded by religious facilities and cemeteries with farm land around them.
From the Meiji Period to around 1965, sericulture was actively conducted in the settlement, where women played a central role in sericulture and weaving to support their families.
- Oaza Akaiwa, Nakanojo-machi
- Available at any time
Guided tour available (reservation required)
- Guide fee: JPY 2,000 per guide
- Approx. 12 minutes by bus from Naganoharakusatsuguchi Station on the JR Agatsuma Line, then 5 minutes on foot
Approx. 80 minutes from Shibukawaikaho IC on the Kan-Etsu Expressway
- Available (Fureainchi Community Facility)
- Kuni Promotion Division TEL +81(0)279-95-3111
Fureainchi Akaiwa Tourist Information for Preservation Districts for Groups of Traditional Buildings (reservation for guided tours)