This office building of a twisting factory, where threads are twisted, was built in 1917 and is one of the oldest Western-style stone buildings in the prefecture. With a school established in the factory, it provided female workers with techniques and education.
In the past, factories with saw-tooth rooves were standing on the grounds and the factory was one of the 6 “model factories” in Japan, which mechanized the process of “twisting” threads.
- 2-1832-13 Tomoe-cho, Kiryu-shi
- Opening hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed: Mondays (if a national holiday falls on a Monday, the following day), the day after a national holiday, year-end and New Year holidays (from December 28 to January 4)
- Adults (high school students or older): JPY 150 (JPY 110 for a group of 30 or more people)Children: JPY 50 (JPY 35 for a group of 30 or more people)
- 4 minutes on foot from Kiryu Station on the JR Ryomo Line, approx. 25 minutes from Ota-Kiryu IC on the Kita-Kanto Expressway
- Kennen Kinenkan (Silk Twisting Memorial Hall)
TEL +81(0) 277-44-2399